Sunday, June 9, 2013

Produce Wash

Ideally I would buy only organic foods, but lets face it, sometimes its just a matter of keeping food in the cupboards and non-organic fruits and veggies are better than no fruits and veggies. Hopefully soon the garden will be big enough that we can depend on it for most of our vegetable and fruit needs, until then I try to wash as much gunk of our produce as possible (even organic produce needs a good washing).  Being the cheap..uh frugal person I am, I would never buy produce wash in the store. So here is my recipe for produce wash.
  1. Put the plug in you clean sink and fill about 1/4 full with water.
  2. Add 3/4 cups baking soda
  3. Add 1/2 cup vinegar
  4. Add produce
  5. Add more water as needed to cover produce 
  6. Swish around and let soak for a few minutes.
  7. Rinse 

No comments:

Post a Comment