Thursday, June 6, 2013

Healthy Homemade Pancake/waffle mix


This is a pantry staple at my house. I make it about once a month. On mornings when my family wants pancakes its ready to go. It's convenient, healthy, and most importantly homemade so I know whats in it...no funky chemicals, preservatives or colorings.  I make a huge amount but I will post a smaller recipe and then you can double as needed.


Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups All purpose flour
1 cups powdered milk or powdered butter milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking powder
1/2 tsp salt


Directions:

mix all ingredients in a large bowl and then transfer to a seal-able container. Store in your pantry. 
To make pancakes
mix 2 c. pancake mix , 1 1/2 cup water,  1 egg and,  2 tbsp. oil or melted butter.  for waffles reduce the amount of water to 1 c.

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Would this work with whole wheat flour?
    Thank you,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that it would. You could even add bran or ground flax seed if you wanted. Play with it and see what changes you can make to meet your need. I was thinking of adding dehydrated blueberries.

      Delete